Who are Gym+Coffee?
At Gym+Coffee, we are on a mission to Make Life Richer! This means following our burning passion to encourage a community of people to socialise around exercise and live an active lifestyle. Community is not just a buzzword, collaboration is at the heart of everything we do that’s why we involve our community in all aspects from product design to events and content production. At its most basic, G+C is an athleisure clothing brand but our message is not focused on the clothing specifically, rather we focus on highlighting people, organisations, initiatives, and our community who encourage an active, healthy lifestyle.
With incredible support from our community in the last 4 years since launching, the brand has experienced significant growth in such a short time. The next chapter is just about to start as we build this community around the world! Are you up to the challenge?
Where do we need help?
We're looking for an experienced Digital Director to join our wider marketing and e-commerce department. This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic personality to join a growing, ambitious startup and to lead a team right across the digital activity of G+C.
The Digital Director will be responsible for all e-commerce and digital marketing channels including organic social, email marketing, all Shopify stores, paid social, influencer marketing amongst others. Due to our direct to consumer model, the Digital Director will ensure G+C delivers a premium brand and purchase experience, while simultaneously achieving monthly sales targets, customer acquisition goals, and ensuring a positive user experience.
This role has a wide spectrum of responsibilities and expertise and so the right candidate will need to have a complete understanding of the full digital ecosystem while also appreciating the specific challenges of a high growth, international, direct to consumer brand.
- Develop and execute G+C’s digital strategy within budget requirements.
- Establish digital objectives and oversee continuous progress.
- Own the e-commerce and digital P&L
- Create smooth operations for all digital tools and applications within the business
- Monitor and evaluate all digital marketing metrics.
- Develop customer acquisition strategies and implement to drive awareness, traffic, conversion and revenue growth; including strategy for social, SEM/SEO, referral, print, sponsorship, influencer marketing, affiliate marketing and PR
- Oversee execution of onsite strategies, including assortment, merchandising and promotions and maximising lifetime value
- Collaborate with content team and wider marketing team on upcoming campaigns and creative deliverables
- Lead retention, promotion and CRM strategies to drive engagement, increased customer return rate and repeat purchases
- Recommend new optimisation techniques to enhance customer experience.
- Predict sales performance trends and use certain levers when necessary to hit targets
- Monitor competition and provide strategies to overcome and counter.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with key contacts in our digital ecosystem across tech platforms, app partners and web dev agencies
- Lead a full department of ambitious, digital first thinkers
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in this field
- E-commerce management experience required
- A highly motivated team member with a collaborative, inclusive and ego-less approach
- Highly organised, loves to plan, build and manage project and production timelines and budget
- Solid understanding of DTC/ E-commerce business with a mix of Merchandising, creative, technical and sales knowledge
- Validated strong strategic problem solver who can set goals and run multiple, diverse projects
- Strong organisational skills, extreme attention to detail and solid follow up
- Executive presence with an ability to influence at the highest levels.
- Positive, hardworking, ''can do'' attitude
- Keen eye for design and trend
- Knowledge and understanding of Google Analytics, Google AdWords, Social Media Advertising, Affiliate Programs and email marketing tools
- Experience with Shopify is essential
- Strong verbal and communication skills